Beef carpaccio and fromage frais rolls
- Packet of 10 Beef Carpaccio slices, JEAN ROUTHIAU
- 125g fromage frais (such as St Morêt or Philadelphia)
- 1 garlic clove
- 10g fresh ginger
- 10g lemon grass
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 1 pinch freshly milled white pepper
- Separate and defrost the individual Beef Carpaccio slices, without removing their individual greaseproof paper.
- Finely chop the garlic clove, lemon grass and ginger till almost of a purée consistency.
- Finely chop the basil leaves.
- Place the fromage frais in a salad bowl, add the chopped garlic, ginger and lemon grass and the chopped basil.
- Add the salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Mix well and place in a plastic piping bag.
- Cut off the end of the bag to make an opening with a diameter of 1.5 to 2 cm.
- On a plate, make sticks of fromage frais about 10 cm long with a diameter of 1.5/2 cm, and place in the freezer.
- Remove the greaseproof paper from the slices of Beef Carpaccio.
- Lay the slices of beef flat on the work surface and place a fromage frais stick on each slice of carpaccio.
- Tightly roll each slice of beef around the fromage frais stick.
- Cut off the ends of each fromage frais carpaccio roll to neaten (either a straight or slightly diagonal cut).
- Serve two sticks for a starter, or one for an appetizer.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.