Carpaccio a la Caprese
- 4 plates of Carpaccio, JEAN ROUTHIAU
- 4 tablespoons Italian olive oil
- Juice of 1 Sicilian lemon
- 1 teaspoon Piedmont hazelnut oil
- 4 turns of coarse milled black pepper
- 1 level teaspoon Maldon smoked salt
- 160g mozzarella "di Buffala" AOP
- 100g confit tomato, marinated
- 120g rocket
- Delicately lay out the carpaccio slices on large plates, and keep cool.
- Mix the olive oil and hazelnut oil in a bowl, and add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper (2 turns of the mill); set aside a few grains of salt to sprinkle on the plates before serving.
- Delicately brush this marinade onto the carpaccio slices. Keep aside a good tablespoonful to dress the rocket salad.
- Pile the rocket in the centre of the carpaccio slices.
- Cut segments of mozzarella buffala and divide between the plates.
- Give two turns of the peppermill (coarse setting) over each plate together with the smoked Maldon salt.
- Add the confit tomatoes to the rocket salad (chop the tomatoes in pieces if necessary).
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.
Register for our NEWSLETTERS