Carpaccio a la Francese
- 4 plates of carpaccio
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Freshly coarsely milled black pepper (4 twists)
- Juice of 1 Menton lemon
- One large slice country bread
- Log or "crottin" of goats' cheese: 4 thick slices or 2 fresh crottins
- 4 sprigs flat-leafed parsley
- 120g mixed green salad
- 2 pineapple tomatoes
- Delicately lay out the Carpaccio slices on large plates, and keep cool.
- Place the olive oil in a bowl, squeeze a lemon and add the juice.
- Cut the slice of country bread into four equal parts.
- Cut four slices 15mm thick from the goat's cheese log, or cut each "crottin" in half horizontally.
- Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread and brown in the oven or under the grill.
- Meanwhile, delicately brush the marinade onto the carpaccio slices.
- Pile green mixed salad in the middle of the carpaccio slices.
- Wash the "pineapple" tomatoes, remove the stalk and core and cut each tomato into eight quarters.
- Wash the flat-leafed parsley, drain and set aside.
- Lay 4 tomato quarters evenly on each plate.
- Place a piece of toast with goat's cheese on each pile of salad.
- Decorate with parsley leaves.
Find our best
A passion to share, to please and to treat yourself while cooking for others. Fine gourmet, curious and tireless, our chefs carry out their passion to nurture your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.
Register for our NEWSLETTERS