Rocket salad on Beef Carpaccio with pesto, hot pepper olive oil and Parmesan shavings
For the Carpaccio:
- 4 plates of frozen Beef Carpaccio JEAN ROUTHIAU
- 80g piece whole Parmesan
- 200g rocket
- 5cl extra virgin olive oil
- 1cl balsamic vinegar
- 20g dried tomatoes
- Unrefined salt
- Freshly milled pepper
For the hot pepper olive oil:
- 50cl extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bird's eye chili peppers
- 5g mixed peppercorns
For the pesto:
- 50g fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic with germ removed
- 25 g roasted pine-nuts
- 50g Parmesan
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preparing the hot pepper olive oil (the day before):
- Wash the thyme, bay leaves and rosemary under a thin stream of cold water, dry well, roughly crush the peppercorns and hot peppers, and place all the ingredients in a glass bottle.
- Pour on the olive oil, shake well and cork the bottle.
- Leave to marinate for at least 12 hours.
Preparing the pesto:
- Finely liquidise the oil, garlic and basil leaves.
- Add the roasted pine nuts and Parmesan.
Preparing the Carpaccio:
- Lay the carpaccio out on cold plates and leave to defrost for 10 minutes
- Spread the Carpaccio slices with the pesto.
- Dress the salad and place on the Carpaccio slices.
- Sprinkle the plate with Parmesan shavings and a few dried tomatoes.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.