Shredded duck with braised kale
- 500g shredded confit duck, JEAN ROUTHIAU
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bunch kale
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 250 ml unsweetened apple juice
- 30 ml cider vinegar
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- Pepper and salt
- In a large high-sided frying pan, heat the sunflower oil on a medium heat.
- Gently cook the finely chopped onion.
- Add the salt, freshly milled black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg, stirring until well melted.
- Blanche the kale twice, run under cold water and chop finely.
- Add the blanched chopped kale to the pan with the finely chopped garlic, pieces of shredded confit duck, apple juice and cider vinegar, and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer.
- Stir frequently until the kale has reduced a little and two-thirds of the cooking liquid has evaporated. Adjust seasoning if necessary
- Pile in a dish.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.