Choucroute with smoked chicken breast and seasonal vegetables
For the chicken:
For the vegetables:
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 4 potatoes
- 2 turnips
- 1 onion
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- Coarse salt
For the choucroute:
- Cooked choucroute cabbage
- Mixed peppercorns
- Vegetable cooking liquid
- 1 small pot mustard
- Whole coriander seeds
Preparing the vegetables:
- Wash and peel all the vegetables.
- Cook them separately in the same liquid.
- When the vegetables are all cooked, drain them but keep the liquid.
- Cut the vegetables into sticks.
Preparing the cabbage:
- Drain the cabbage (its juice is often too acid).
- Reduce the vegetable cooking juice in the pan for 10 minutes, then add the sliced smoked chicken breast, coriander seeds and milled mixed peppercorns.
Preparing the choucroute:
- Place the cabbage in each dish.
- Pour on the reduced juice.
- Add the vegetables and smoked chicken breasts.
- Heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 140°C.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.
Register for our NEWSLETTERS