Jean Routhiau fusion chili con carne
- 500g shredded confit duck, JEAN ROUTHIAU
- 1 onion
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained (500g)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves - 180 ml water
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 15 ml chili seasoning
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Dried oregano
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Grated cheddar
- Thick crème fraiche
- 1 tin sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- Heat the vegetable oil in a high-sided frying pan on a medium heat.
- Gently fry the finely chopped onion.
- Add the peeled diced carrots and diced celery, and sweat for 6 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the chopped garlic and seasoning: cumin, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, shredded duck (divide up the flesh beforehand) and water, and cook on a medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring from time to time, for around 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- To serve, divide the chili into four bowls.
- Top each portion with grated cheddar and thick crème fraiche.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.
Register for our NEWSLETTERS