Wok-fried chicken with crunchy vegetables
For the meat mixture:
For the sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Nuoc mam sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Black pepper
- 20g black fungus
- 20g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 100g garden peas
- 100g snow peas
- Sesame oil or olive oil
- Soak the black fungus and shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 12 hours.
- Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 20 seconds and remove the skin, cut into four and remove the pips.
- Cut the vegetables (red and green peppers, tomato, red onion and carrots) into thin julienne strips.
- Finely chop the garlic clove.
- Cut the chicken pieces into thin slices.
- In a container, put 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon nuoc mam sauce, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger and 1 pinch paprika.
- Place the chicken slices in the marinade.
- Preheat the oil (sesame if possible, otherwise olive oil) in the wok.
- When the wok is very hot, add the meat and the marinade and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set the meat aside in another dish and cook the julienne vegetables together with the black fungus and perfumed mushrooms after draining and roughly chopping them.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes; the vegetables should remain firm.
- Add the meat and stir well until evenly mixed. If necessary, add a little soy sauce and nuoc mam sauce.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.