Confit Duck Leg upside-down tart, turnips with honey and fromage blanc with herbs
- 4 Confit Duck Legs
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon powdered coriander
- 8 small turnips
- 150g butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 round puff pastry
- Unrefined salt and freshly milled pepper
- 1 pot fromage blanc (125g)
- 1 shallot
- Fresh chives
- Balsamic vinegar
- Remove the flesh of the Confit Duck Leg from the bone, remove skin and shred roughly.
- Lightly brown the chopped onions in butter, and sprinkle with the coriander.
- Prepare the turnips, chop them in two, then slice thinly and evenly. Lightly brown them in butter with the honey, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, and season.
- Butter the tart moulds, sprinkle with unrefined salt and freshly milled pepper.
- Place a layer of cooked turnips in the moulds, a layer of onion with coriander, a layer of shredded duck and another layer of cooked turnips.
- Place a rolled-out round of puff pastry on top. Remember to prick it, so that it does not rise.
- Bake at 190°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the upside-down tarts in their moulds until you are ready to serve them.
- Mix the fromage blanc with a splash of balsamic vinegar, the shallot and the chives
When ready to serve:
- Turn the still hot tarts onto plates and remove the moulds.
- Cover with the chive sauce and serve at once.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.