Confit Duck Shepherd's Pie
- 4 Confit Duck thighs
- 800g floury potatoes
- 25cl crème fraiche
- 100g butter
- 3 slices Melba toast
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 150g Comté cheese
- Cook the potatoes and make a fairly thick purée.
- Preheat the oven to thermostat 7 (210°C).
- Place the four Confit Duck thighs in a very hot pan to melt the duck fat.
- Stir for around 10 mins, turning them over.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove the skin and bones from the duck thighs.
- Take 2 tablespoons of melted fat and add to the purée.
- Crush the duck flesh with a fork to obtain very small pieces of meat.
- Place half the purée in a heat-proof buttered dish.
- Add the pieces of duck, spread evenly and season to taste.
- Spread the rest of the purée on top.
- Crush the Melba toast with the back of a tablespoon to make the crumb mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the mix with grated Comté cheese.
- Place under the grill for 10 minutes
Find our best
A passion to share, to please and to treat yourself while cooking for others. Fine gourmet, curious and tireless, our chefs carry out their passion to nurture your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.
Register for our NEWSLETTERS