Rice with shredded confit duck and black beans
- 500g shredded confit duck
- 1 onion
- 200g tinned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 200g brown rice
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper chopped into thin slices
- 10ml chili seasoning
- Ground cumin (1 level teaspoon)
- 160ml tomato coulis
- 125ml water
- 10 ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 diced fresh tomatoes
- 125 ml thick crème fraiche (35% fat)
- Start cooking the rice (20 minutes in salted boiling water).
- At the same time, heat the olive oil in a high-sided frying pan on a medium heat.
- Gently fry the finely chopped onion.
- Add the finely chopped pepper, brown, and then add the garlic.
- Cook the mixture, stirring well, for 5 minutes.
- Season with chili and cumin and cook, stirring well for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded confit duck, black beans, tomato coulis, water, a pinch of salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Cook stirring well for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- On each plate, place the rice, then arrange the mixture.
- Decorate each portion with finely chopped lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes and thick crème fraiche.
Find our best
Passion to share, make people happy and make yourself happy by cooking for others. Curious and relentless, our gourmet chefs practise their passion to feed your creativity. Every invented recipe is tasted and judged by tasting panels.